CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 14, 2006

Tybee Island and Savannah, Georgia; plus Vicksburg, Mississippi





Southern Fried food and Seafood!! We spent the last week learning about Deep Draft Navigation in/on Tybee Island, Georgia. There was also a few field trips into Savannah. Very nice. I will not drone on about the subject(s) of Deep Draft and dredging (most of you only read this for the fun stuff anyway), but I will say I learned a lot and am glad I had the opportunity to experience this (coming from an "inland" state! We have the great AR River, but no coastline to speak of!).

There was definitely not a shortage of food on this trip...from the salty, salty line-your-arteries-with-fat grits (but oh-so-good!) to the plethora of fried seafood to the divine pecan/chocolate goodies (and saltwater taffy)...if you went hungry, then it's your own fault!

We had great weather too; it was made for the couple of rounds of PA Beach Volleyball! I am hoping my classmates are recovered from all the bumps and bruises! But at least there were no run-ins with the fence!

All in all, it was a good trip. We had great presenters, good helpers, and just an all around good course (thanks Mobile District!!).

We had a short whirlwind tour of ERDC in Vicksburg, Mississippi following the Georgia trip--that was good to, only I would recommend spending at least 2 days!

Well, I hope folks are doing well and keep reading while I keep posting!

Next stop: Davis, CA for Flood Damage Reduction and San Francisco, CA for a Planning Conference.

0 comments: