CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Buzzard Roost, Arkansas



This was, by far, the BEST 4-wheeler riding spot we have been to in Arkansas to-date. I love, love, loved it. It was absolutely gorgeous--the weather was beautiful and the views were fantastic. I have pictures of the actual 'Buzzard Roost' area, but it's taking blogger quite a while to upload photos, so I opted to post just this one (my favorite spot on the trip).

We found this stair-step waterfall off the beaten path (literally). Someone else had also set up camp (not while we were there), so it must be a favorite spot by those who can find it.

Speaking of finding things...this place (Buzzard Roost) is not marked on any map. We happened across it via some good friends' diggings (Nutz and Beck) and also by catching AETN's special on it (see the YouTube video clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzVeENcb0tQ&feature=related) It is such an awesome place. I can't believe we have such a gem here in this great outdoors state!

We are counting down the days until we can visit again!

1 comments:

T. Brook Smith said...

HEY!

For some rocking fishing/conservation talk, check out my blog.

http://brooksmith.blogspot.com/

You're a biologist (as am I) so hopefully you'll enjoy it.

LOVE Arkansas streams!!!!